As many local Santa Cruz residents know, September is one of the best months. The weather is usually amazing and the crowds are dwindling as people have to go back to school and work. There are also many beloved events and traditions that we look forward to that mark the beginning of a new season. Check out the links below for the scoop on September events, and inspiration from our favorite interior websites.
1. September offers some amazing opportunities for music lovers. To the south of us, The Monterey Jazz Festival will be happening September 16-18. For all the bluegrass lovers, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in San Francisco ends the month on a high note (September 30-October 2). Via Monterey Jazz Festival, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. Image Via Instagram @warren_16
2. Artist Lee John Phillips is cataloguing every item in his grandfather’s tool shed by drawing the over 100,000 items in it. An inspiring endeavor and the drawings are beautiful, especially if you love collections like we do. Via Bored Panda
3. Who doesn’t love wine tasting by the beach? The Capitola Art and Wine Festival is September 10 -11. Featuring 22 wineries and dozens of artists, this is an event the community looks forward to every year. Via Capitola Art and Wine Festival. Image via Pinterest.
4. If you have fall on your brain, here are 6 tasks to prepare your home for the cooler months. Even though the cold weather hasn’t set in, its always a good idea to get a head start on fall chores. Via Ebay
5. If you are looking for a great place for a staycation, Elle Décor named the 40 Best Small Town Vacation Spots, and our own Capitola makes the list. This beach town has some great shopping and restaurants, not to mention a sweet little wharf and beach. Via Elle Décor. Image via Vintage Post Card
6. If you have looked at your walls recently and thought that its time for a change, these 12 accent walls will get your creativity flowing. The best part about this list is that all the walls were created with décor, so no messy paint or remodeling required. Via Design Sponge
7. The British duo from Absolutely Fabulous once had a stint as interior designers on the show, this article listing their best interior quotes will make any interior design fan chuckle. Never hurts to laugh at ourselves a little bit. Via Vogue Living
8. If you are sad to see summer leave one way to stretch it into September is by attending the Santa Cruz County Fair. Nothing says summer like eating a funnel cake and walking around the different exhibition halls. Our favorite exhibition hall houses all of the collections, which is probably surprising to no one! Via Santa Cruz County Fair