November is a month buzzing with activity, as we gather with friends and family for cozy feasts. This time of year is also the perfect occasion to get a jump on holiday planning, whether for gifts or preparing your home for guests. Sit back and take a breath before the whirlwind celebratory season gets to you by reading our picks for best events and design articles around the web.
1. We can’t get enough wallpaper, a fact you may already know if you follow us on Pinterest. Wallpaper has come a long way since the eye searing patterns of yesteryear. Just take a gander at these insanely beautiful wallpapers with gold flecks and custom color patterns. Via Remodelista
2. The Pantone color trends for next year have already been released, and they continue the tones of 2016 with two other colors that have been showing up everywhere, green and yellow. While it seems to us that any color used well can make a home stylish, this season’s hues are a welcome pop of color from the greys and whites that have dominated interior style. Via Vogue Living Australia
3. These gorgeous bathrooms all use plaster to create beautiful shapes and configurations. Plaster’s smooth texture creates a clean and minimal look that allows the shape and style of the space to shine through. We always love an unexpected material use, especially when the use of tile is the norm. via Remodelista
4. Bathroom remodel dollars can quickly add up, especially because custom options are so tempting. That is why this list of bathroom vanities under $1000 dollars is so appealing. A lot of style for less cash, and we could see swapping hardware out and adding a gorgeous faucet to some of these options for a custom feel. The one pictured comes in at only $349. Via Emily Henderson
5. If you follow us on Instagram, you know we love a good vintage find. Join us in the hunt for that perfectly worn in item at the Goat Hill Fair, November 12-13. Looking forward to all the vintage goodies! Great time to stock up on some white ceramics or linens for the Thanksgiving table. Via Goat Hill Fair
6. Have you ever walked into a restaurant and wondered how you could make your own home resemble it? Well then you will love this article that lays out 10 Decorating Ideas to Steal from the World’s Most Stylish Restaurants. It elegantly lays out simple ways to bring restaurant style into your home. Via Apartment Therapy
7. We know that you are usually inundated with recipe advice this time of year, so the only one we’ll give you is this delicious looking meyer lemon and sage cocktail to counteract the stress of menu planning for your family gathering. Via Craft + Cocktails
8. The UCSC Campus is a beautiful spot in the Santa Cruz Mountains. The rolling meadows and mountains are the perfect backdrop for the Arboretum. During November, there are several ways to view the lush gardens, from First Saturday on November 5 with a guided tour to the Wreath and Gift sale on November 19. Via UCSC Arboretum.