As the weather turns cooler, we look forward to indoor activities and ponder small changes to the home to match the fall season. While the end of October is usually a favorite time of year, what do you do while waiting for the spookiest holiday? Peruse our favorite events and articles to keep you fulfilled before the sugar induced coma hits you the last day of the month.
1. Santa Cruz is known as a magnet for artists and one of the best art events is the Open Studio Tour that takes place the first 3 weekends of October. Take a look at the line up on the Open Studios Website, then visit one of our favorites, printmaker Stephanie Martin. Via Santa Cruz Arts Council. Image Via Stephanie Martin.
2. Name a child who child doesn’t love the feeling of bringing home all the candy they’ve accumulated and sorting it into piles for trading! Come down to the shop with the little ones to get some sweet loot at the Downtown Santa Cruz Trick or Treat on the 31st, then help them sort it at home (we won’t tell if you sneak a piece). Via Downtown Santa Cruz Association. Image Via The Ultra Linx
3. This list of 22 Bars with the Best Views Around the World will have you daydreaming about your next adventure during the cool October nights. Good thing two of the bars are close to home, we especially love the road trip to Big Sur to take in spectacular vistas. Don’t forget to give a little love to the region by donating to any of these worthy causes that have helped victims of the recent fire. Via Elle Décor and KION.
4. We are loving the resurgence of bold wall paper and this list of 15 Unexpected Wallpapers for Fall makes us swoon. Wallpaper is a great way to spruce up the home, just papering the back of a book case with a favorite print can make it feel like a new piece of furniture. Via Design Sponge
5. These gorgeous brass and gold enamel bowls will make any table feel luxurious and convey the season without the cheesiness of usual October décor. Read the rest of the list of Stylish Kitchen Finds to see more great pieces, which coincidentally could also make great gifts as the holiday season approaches. Via Design Sponge. Enamel Bowls available at Stripe Santa Cruz.
6. Kitchen designs are one of our favorite things to pin, so this article with 5 Kitchen Trend Obsessions is right up our alley. Any of these images will definitely inspire a desire for a major Kitchen remodel or at least get you pinning away for an afternoon. Via Eyeswoon
7. Fall recipes are among our favorites, usually being warm and inviting. The Farmer’s market wares shift towards root vegetables, pumpkins and squashes in Fall and these 47 Recipes incorporate the best of the season. We especially love the idea of making seasoned pumpkin seeds after carving up our jack-o-lanterns. Via Bon Appetit
8. As designers, we never tire of looking at beautiful rugs. We know that it sounds like a tedious task to some people though, so this list of 52 Timeless Rugs is a foolproof route to a new cozy rug. Via Emily Henderson