It is time for the new year to begin, and it feels like 2017 came around so fast. I think it is safe to say that a lot of us are happy 2016 is over, and we are looking forward to a fresh start this month. To stave off those post-holiday blues, join along with us as we read the best articles from around the web and get ready for some great local events. Happy New Year!
1. This baked brie with wine soaked berries sounds like a decadent treat to keep the holiday spirit going. If we ever had a reason to break our New Year’s resolutions on day one, this recipe seems like the perfect way to do it. Via Lark and Linen.
2. After putting away all the holiday decorations and cleaning up the entertaining spaces in our homes, sometimes we want to spruce up our decor for the new year. This guide to beautiful bed side styling, shows an easy way to style a corner in your bedroom for big impact. It will make you feel great going into the new year to have a tidy bedside. Via Design Sponge.
3. For those that love design, FOG Design + Art, which brings together architects, designers, and artists to Fort Mason seems like an amazing weekend. Head on up to San Francisco January 12 to 15th to check out the makers at the forefront of the art and design world. via Fog Fair.
4. The end of the month is Whale Fest in Monterey. We live in an incredibly beautiful place and we are lucky enough to have whales in our waters most of the year. Travel to Monterey for Whale Fest to see these majestic creatures in their sanctuary. Via See Monterey, image via Huffington Post.
5. The product lists Emily Henderson puts together are always so useful and inspiring! These ottomans that double as coffee tables at every price point are great to peruse while you contemplate a living room redo for the new year. We’ll be here if you need any help with that! Via Emily Henderson, Image via West Elm.
6. After a season of eating, getting outside seems like the perfect antidote. The National Parks are free on Martin Luther King Jr Day, including Muir Woods and Golden Gate Park Recreation Area, which are only a short driving distance. So go outside and get your New Year’s resolutions on the right track. Via National Park Service.
7. End of year lists are always a fun way to close out the year, and we were especially excited to read this round up of the best design blogs of 2016. We see some old favorites and new faces to inspire! These will definitely be on our reading list this year. Via Domino.