March marks the official beginning of spring on the 20th, and we feel very ready to embrace all that the season has to offer. The rain has felt almost never ending so we are excited to seize any sunny day opportunity. From local workshops to our favorite cocktail recipe for the month, we are pleased to share all of our picks for the best of this month.
1. Our love for tile is no secret, and we are still in the time of year where blogs are speculating about which trends will be huge. Lucky for us, that means we get to look at more tile, like these patterned beauties from Apartment Therapy’s list of tile trends for 2017. Via Apartment Therapy.
2. This month we are looking forward to making fresh and juicy cocktails. As citrus season is nearing its end, this blood orange cocktail seems like just the ticket. Refreshing and beautiful to look at. Via Holly and Flora
3. Santa Cruz is blessed with a lot of creative entrepreneurs, and the NEXTies celebrates individuals doing great work in Santa Cruz County. We are looking forward to this inspiring event on March 24th. We are always excited to learn about local people with innovative enterprises. Via Event Santa Cruz. Image via American Conservation Experience.
4. Indigo dyed textiles are incredibly beautiful and the process of making them seems intriguing. 17th Avenue studio in Santa Cruz is hosting an indigo and shibori workshop on March 25th that takes you through the entire process, from how the plants are made into dye to making your own indigo creations. Via Evenbrite and 17th Avenue Studio, image via Eye Swoon.
5. Greenery is Pantone’s color of 2017, but not everyone is in love with the bright hue. Domino has compiled a shoppable list of other gorgeous greens that will please any interior loving person. Via Domnio.
6. With great spring weather already here, we can’t wait to be in the great outdoors. That’s why heading up to San Francisco on the first Tuesday of March to get into the conservatory of flowers for free sounds wonderful. Then spend the rest of the day wandering around Golden Gate Park, visiting the DeYoung or Academy of Science. Via San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers.
7. It can be a frustrating prospect to pick out a bedroom set that isn’t matchy-matchy. That’s where this list of perfect bed and night stand combinations from Emily Henderson comes in. She has taken all the guess work out of getting the right proportions and style combinations. Via Emily Henderson.
8. While it is always nice to peruse the beautiful dream bathrooms of Pinterest, our own bathrooms often have a much smaller footprint than the ones we see on inspiration sights. That’s why we love this list of attainable chic and small bathrooms chock-full of great small space ideas. Via MyDomaine