As spring turns to summer, we are heading into May with hopes for warm weather, and weekends filled with adventure. To help us achieve our wish, we have scoured the internet for fun Bay Area events, great recipes, and design articles. Below are our picks for a great May:
1. Bay to Breakers is a long standing San Francisco tradition in which (mostly) costumed runners go from San Francisco Bay to Ocean Beach. They run the length of San Francisco, going through Golden Gate Park and ending up at a celebration by the ocean. For those of us who are not runners, the back of the pack turns into a dance party slash parade that is always a good time. This quirky event takes place May 21. Via Bay to Breakers
2. Green interiors are having a major moment, and we can understand why. Green is a soothing color, and its many hues can be sophisticated, bold, or playful. Take a peek at this list of green and brown interiors over at Design*Sponge to satisfy your craving for green interiors. Via Design*Sponge
3. While Bottle Rock in Napa is already sold out, we just had to post about it. The festival takes place May 26-28 in scenic Napa with food and wine galore accompanying the music. You can still try to snag a pass through the websites ticket exchange or just beg your friend who is going for theirs. Via Bottle Rock Napa Valley
4. This sweet home tour has a lovely subtle color palette throughout, unifying the spaces without feeling “over-designed”. We love the velvet couches and all the hand painted wall treatments. Via A Beautiful Mess
5. Cinco de Mayo is upon us again this year and there are celebrations happening all over the state. This family friendly street fair in San Francisco’s Mission District looks like a wonderful way to learn about Mexican heritage and culture while enjoying food, music, and live performances. This event takes place on Saturday May 6th. Via SF Cinco de Mayo Festival
6. We love a good lunch salad, and right now is a great time to be taking advantage of spring produce. It’s easy to get sick of the same old salad routine. These three warm salads are a great way to whip up a quick, satisfying dinner or lunch. Via MyDomaine.
7. It comes as no surprise that we love a good wallpaper, so that’s why this renter-friendly list of wall decals (that seriously mimic the look of luxe wallpaper) is so appealing. Perfect for switching up your summer style easily. Via Apartment Therapy.
8. We love when a collection is displayed in a well thought-out manner, anything can become great décor when it is elevated through placement and attention is made to color, size, and proportion. This feature shows off some very effective and beautiful plate displays. Via Design*Sponge